Mary Saunders is the author of Rhythms of Change: Reclaiming Your Health Using Ancient Wisdom And Your Own Common Sense (2014)
- Mentor and Professional Co-Active Coach
- Nationally Certified Acupuncturist with a Diplomate in Acupuncture (NCCAOM) and a Licensed Acupuncturist (LAc)
- Trained in the Hakomi method of somatic therapy
- Co-founder of one of the first Community Acupuncture clinics in the U.S.
- Former Director and Instructor, Southwest Acupuncture College, Boulder, Colorado
Mary has been an acupuncturist in clinical practice for 30 years and is skilled in the integration of East Asian medicine with dreamwork, somatic therapy, and meditation practice.
She is trained in the Hakomi method of somatic therapy, Co-Active coaching, and trauma-informed care for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault.
Mary practiced Buddhist meditation for many years until she met her Sufi teacher in 2000. Here she found resonance in a mystical tradition that honors the feminine and direct experience of the divine. She has followed the Naqshbandi Sufi path ever since.
Mary currently lives in Paso Robles, California with her husband, Whitfield Reaves